16 November 2007

Ya know, I wish that I had Jesse's Tree...

I wish that I had Jesse's tree... Why can't I find a tree like that?

Well, this year, Im making our own Jesse Tree. I havent participated in the making of one of these since I was in grade school at St. Matthew's School in Baltimore, Maryland.
This is my first at-home Jesse Tree and Im not going it alone. Thanks the the amazing women at 4 real learning forums
(http://4real.thenetsmith.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16130&PN=1) I was able to take part in a Jesse Tree swap. Each of us is creating 28 of the same ornament and one very generous lady in DC will be putting them all together into kits for us to use at home, each kit having twenty-eight unique ornaments. The ornaments featured on the Jesse Tree are:

Earth
Apple & Snake
Mary
Ark & Rainbow
Camel & Tent
Lamb
Colorful Coat
Doorway With blood
Tablet With 10 Numbers
Cluster of Grapes
Stick With bronze serpent
Whale
Sheaf of Wheat
Slingshot
Scroll
Stump With Leaf
Lion & Lamb together
Dove & Crown
Shepherd’s Staff
Cross
Heart With Writing
Bethlehem
Fiery Furnace
Brick Wall
Star
Candle or Light
Angel
Baby in Manger

Each represents a passage in the Bible where Jesus was either referred to in prophecy or a part of His life. Here's what I gathered together to make my contribution:


And here's what I made:


I admit it, I chose the simplest one I possibly could. (Even though the Coat of Many Colors was calling out my name.) What with the wedding coming up on Friday and oh let's see...a chuppah yet to be completed, food for forty odd people to make and several dozen origami cranes still existing in only two dimensions as I type this, I felt that participating alone was going to be a stretch, so I better keep it simple.
Im very proud to say my ornaments have already reached DC and are awaiting processing this very moment. I will be certain to include some pictures of all the ornaments when they arrive. We are working on a gorgeous Advent Wreath in New York and I hope to have pictures posted of that and our Martinmas Lantern Walk (which featured Surprise Guest Appearance by none other than the fabulous Northern Lights!) soon.

Look for them soon. Peace. And hey, thanks for checking in.
Heather

No comments: