05 July 2008

No Baby-on-the-Outside Yet, but...

I did discover that the hanging planter I'd been watering regularly since May was actually the home of four beautiful baby robins. Sorry about the regular flooding, mamabirdie!


Hello, baby!



And here are a couple of shots (taken by me) of baby-on-the-inside, who, according to our midwife, is about 7.5lbs and in prime position for delivery. I was even able to isolate a foot last night. Now it's up to Mary Elise to decide the time is right (preferably when we are not visiting my parents three hours away from home, like we are right now.)






Hello, baby!



Our friend Carmen came by last week and took (literally) a thousand pictures of my belly in all its engorged-gorgeousness. I was just so grateful. For one thing, she came on my birthday bearing not just a cake but an amazing home-made red velvet cake straight out of heaven's pantry. For another reason, belly pictures were something I had really hoped to do this time but there was just no way we could have afforded to pay someone. Carmen loves to take pictures of pregnant women (and bake amazing cakes) and it turns out she isn't averse to receiving incredibly relaxing, deep, holistic professional massages either, so we worked out a barter. Once she is finished with the editing process, I hope to display some of her beautiful work here.

And on a related topic...Id like to offer a little tidbit of pregnancy wisdom the universe just handed to me. If you are wondering, like I was "How will I know when my baby has 'dropped'", the answer is very simple. When you are able to eat a half pound of Candy Kitchen Fudge (the King Tut flavor, in this case) not only without nausea and vomiting, but without so much as a sense of being "full", you can be assured that your baby has, indeed, dropped.

No comments: